Welcome to Edublogs!
This page is about how to sign up and register for your blog. Please check out our guide for a general overview of Edublogs.
Please refer to create additional blogs if you have an existing Edublogs username.
1. Go to Edublogs.org sign up page
2. Enter your details, your blog details and then click Start blogging
- refer to these tips for choosing usernames, blog domain and blog title.
4. On the next page your login details are displayed.
5. When you click on Login into your new blog you’re taken to your blog dashboard.
- Make sure you write down your password if you use our no email option otherwise you won’t be able to reset it.
Use only lowercase letters and numbers, with no spaces, in your username.
Your username is what you use to sign into your blog dashboard and is displayed on posts and comments you write.
While you can’t change your username, most blog platforms do allow you to change how your name is displayed on posts and comments.
Most teachers don’t allow students to use first and last name online, so most educators model this by using display names like Miss W or Mrs. Waters.
Blog Domain Tips
Your Blog domain can’t be changed once created. If you want to change it you will need to create a new blog.
During the creation of your blog you’ll have to select a blog domain for it (this is your blog URL). When you want others to visit your blog you give them the URL link of your blog. For example, the URL for the Teacher Challenge blog is http://teacherchallenge.edublogs.org/
Think carefully about your blog URL.
Once your blog has an established audience you’re less likely to want to change your blog URL. Ideally you want to keep your blog URL short, easy to remember and suitable to be reused for several years.
A simple option is to use your name in the blog URL as these educators did:
- Mr. Baldock’s Class blog (http://mrbaldock.edublogs.org)
- Mr. Salsich’s Class blog (http://jmsalsich.edublogs.org/)
Alternatively, use something unique that has meaning like:
Blog Title Tips
Your blog title is one of the first things a reader sees when visiting your blog. Choose a name that reflects the purpose of your class blog and your students can relate to.
But don’t stress too much! You can always change your blog title any time via Settings > General in your dashboard.
Check out the following blog lists for ideas of blog titles other educators have used: