Plugins extend and expand the functionality of your blog.
Edublogs is powered by a customized version of WordPress multisite. Most plugins are designed to work on a single installs of self hosted WordPress and many won’t work on WordPress Multisite.
All plugins installed on Edublogs have been thoroughly tested and customized to ensure they are compatible and don’t cause problems. You can’t upload plugins to your blog.
To Activate a Plugin
1. Go to Plugins in your dashboard
2. Click on Activate below the plugin you want to use.
3. Some plugins have an administration page where you can set options specific for that plugin.
- Most plugins with configuration options add a new item under the Settings menu.
- Some plugins also add widgets to Appearance > Widgets
4. To switch off a plugin click Deactivate