Changing your username

There is no way to delete a username from Edublogs because deleting usernames can cause problems to our system.

If you no longer wish to use Edublogs, simply leave your username account inactive. There are no security risks associated with this policy and your information isn’t visible anywhere on Edublogs.

Change Display Name

If your reasons for deleting your username is because you want to change the name displayed on posts or comment you write your better option is to just change your display name.

For example, my username is suewaters and my display name is Sue Waters.  When I log into my account I log in as suewaters and the name Sue Waters is displayed on any posts or comment I publish.

Here’s how you do it:

1.  Go to Users > Your Profile (or Profile > Your Profile) your blog dashboard

2.  Scroll to near the bottom of the page to the Name area.

3.  Add your first name and last name.

4.  Click on the drop down arrow to select your preferred publicly displayed name

5.  Click Update Profile again

6.  Now every post or comment you write will display that name.

Change Username

You can’t create several usernames with the same email address because the system resets password based on email address.

But trick the system and use one email address if you are have a gmail or Google Apps account using the gmail plus trick (read how to do this here). 

Alternatively, if you aren’t using gmail, and are trying to delete your username so that you can create a new one with your e-mail address, please follow these steps:

1.  Log into your current account (the one you were trying to delete).

2.  Go to Users > Your Profile (or Profile > Your Profile) your blog dashboard

3.  Scroll to near the bottom of the page to the Contact Info area.

4.  Type your new email address and click Update Profile when you are done.

5.  An email will be sent to the new address asking you to click on the link to confirm the change of email address

6.  Your email adresss won’t be updated until you click on this link in the email.

7.  Once the new address has been verified you will now be able to create a new username or new blogs.  You need to wait 48 hours after changing the email address before can create the new username.

Please note:

• Spam filters, especially strict ones for institutional email addresses, block the emails from your blog.
  • If you don’t receive this email you may need to use an alternative address.

Edublogs Support Manager @suewaters on Twitter

Tagged with:
Posted in Help, Users