Once you’ve set up My Class there are two options for creating student blogs:
- You create the student blogs using My Class > Create Student blogs
- Students to create their own blogs using the Edublogs sign up page
Alternatively, if you would prefer them to only publish posts on the class blog you add them as users using My Class > Add Student Users.
Student Instruction Guide
Below are the instructions your students need to follow to create their own blog and join the class blog:
1. Go to Edublogs.org sign up page
2. Enter your details, your blog details and then click Start blogging
3. On the next page your login details are displayed.
4. When you click on Login into your new blog you’re taken to your blog dashboard.
- Make sure you write down your password if you use our no email option otherwise you won’t be able to reset it.
5. Log into your blog dashboard and go to My Class > Join Class.
6. Search for your class blog.
7. Click on Send a request to join.
Approving your student blogs
Once your students have sent the “request to join” you just need to do is go to My Class > Student blogs in your Class blog dashboard and click Approve.
After you’ve approved your student blogs they will be listed on your My Class > Student blogs page and you’ll be able to view all pending posts, pages and comments.
When you set up My Class your student users are added as user to the class blog and to the student blog.
The menu items they see depends on which dashboard they are logged into and what settings you have set in My Class > Settings.
f you used the following My Class > Settings:
Menu items when logged in as a student user would look like the following:
If your students see limited menu items it means they are logged into the Class blog dashboard and need to navigate to their student blog dashboard.
Changing blog dashboards is as simple as:
1. Go to My Sites dropdown menu in your admin bar.
2. Click on the dashboard of the blog you want to access.