Voki enables you to create an avatar in your own voice using a talking character.
You can customize your Voki to look like you or take on the identity of different characters such as animals, monsters.
Adding a Voki to your Sidebar
Voki’s are added to your blog sidebar using text widgets as follows:
1. Go to Voki
2. Set up a Voki account and then create your own Voki.
3. Once you have published your Voki grab the embed code by clicking on Copy:
For a Voki you’ve created previously you just need to log into your Voki account, click on ‘Publish your Voki‘ and then click on Copy.
4. Now go to Appearance > Widgets in your blog dashboard
5. Click on the desired Sidebar to expand (so you can add the widgets)
6. Drag a text widget into your sidebar.
8. The widget will automatically open — just add the embed code for your Voki, click Save and then Close.
9. You should now see your Voki in your blog sidebar!
Important Voki tips
- If the embed code is removed when you click Save, and you don’t see your voki in your blog sidebar, it means you are using a free Edublogs.org blog.
- To enable the use of almost any embed code in posts, pages and text widgets on your blog, and your students’ blogs, you need to upgrade your blog to Edublogs Pro or be using a CampusPress blog.