The Blog Avatar is used to display your blog avatar in the sidebar of your blog.
Here’s what it looks like when it’s added to a blog sidebar.
Once you add the widget to your sidebar in Appearance > Widgets, you’ll see that the widget settings look like this:
There are no configuration options for this widget because it’s only intended to display your blog avatar in the sidebar.
Upload Blog Avatar
Your blog avatar is uploaded as follows:
1. Resize your image to 200 pixels wide by 200 pixels high.
2. Go to Settings > Blog Avatar.
3. Click on Browse and locate the avatar you want to upload.
4. Click on Upload.
5. Move the crop area to one corner, then expand the crop area to include your full image and click Crop image.
6. Go to Appearance > Widgets.
7. Drag the Blog Avatar widget from the Available Widgets into the desired Sidebar.
You drag by clicking on the widget with your left mouse and moving the widget.
9. Drop the widget when you see a dashed line appear – this indicates the widget is in place.
10. When you view your blog you’ll now see your blog avatar displayed in the sidebar.