You can transforms any photo gallery you’ve embedded in a post or page into a carousel with full screen photo browsing feature with comments and EXIF metadata. using the Carousel module in the JetPack by WordPress.com plugin.
Enable JetPack Plugin
To get started you first need to activate the JetPack plugin as follows:
- Enable Jetpack using existing WordPress.com account
- Enable Jetpack by creating a new WordPress.com account
Activate the Carousel
You activate the carousel mode as follows:
1. Go to Jetpack > Settings
2. Click on the Writing tab.
3. Scroll down to Media module and activate the module.
- If the module is not activated yet, it will be grayed out, and a blue “Activate” button will allow you to activate the module.
Using the Carousel
Once you’ve activated the Carousel module it transforms any photo gallery you’ve embedded in a post or page into a carousel with full screen photo browsing feature with comments and EXIF metadata.
Click on an image to see it in action!
Your carousel options are configured in Settings > Media.
Here is where you can set a blank or white background for your carousel:
You can also choose if you want to display the photo metadata (Exif) in the Carousel.
You change your carousel settings as follows:
1. Go to Settings > Media
2. Select your preferred carousel options.
3. Click Save Changes.