You can enable/disable comments on post or page you already published using:
- Quick Edit
- The Discussion module
- Bulk edit
Quick Edit opens the post options letting you configure features such as title, status, passwords, categories, tags comments and the timestamp without having to edit the full post.
You can enable/disable comments using Quick Edit by:
1. Going to to either Posts > All Posts (or Pages > All Pages)
2. Locate the post or page you want to enable/disable comments on
3. Hover over it’s title to bring up the action menu and click on Quick Edit.
4. Check/uncheck ‘Allow Comments’ then click on Update.
To change the comment settings for a post or page you already published you can open the post or page for editing and check/uncheck ‘Allow Comments’ in the Discussion module and then click Update.
By default, new blogs have the Discussion module hidden.
You enable the discussion module as follows:
1. Click on Screen Options in the upper right corner of your dashboard when you have a post open in edit mode.
2. Check the checkbox next to Discussion.
Once the Discussion module is revealed you’ll see it appear below your Editor.
You now enable or disable comments on the post or page as follows:
1. Scroll down to the Discussion module.
2. Check/uncheck ‘Allow Comments’.
3. Click Update.
Bulk edit allows you to modify multiple posts or pages at the same time as follows:
1. Go to Posts > All Posts.
2. Select the posts you want to edit
3. Select Edit in the bulk actions drop down menu.
4. Click Apply button.
4. Now select ‘Allow’ or ‘Do not allow’ from the drop down menu next to Comments and then click Update.
Enable and Disable Comments on Future Posts and Pages
Any changes to published posts only apply those posts.