The email address used for your account is your unique identifier. It’s used to verify ownership of blogs and user accounts, for password resets, for comment moderation/notification emails and for emails related to Edublogs Pro subscriptions emails.
It’s important to ensure your email address is current.
Change User Email address
Each user account requires a unique email address. This is required for purposes such as password resets.
You change the email address attached to your username as follows:
1. Log into your Edublogs or CampusPress account.
2. Go to Users > Your Profile (or Profile > Your Profile )
3. Scroll down to the Contact Info area.
4. Add your new email address.
5. Click Update Profile.
6. An email will be sent to the new address asking you to click on the link to confirm the change of email address
- Your email address won’t be updated until you click on this link in the email.
- You must be logged into your Edublogs or CampusPress account in the same web browser that you use to open the link in.
- If the email doesn’t change when you click Update Profile this probably means it is associated with another username.
- Each e-mail address is a unique identifier for a username and only one email address can only be associated with each account.
- If this happens log in to the username account currently associated with your desired e-mail address and change it to something else. This allows you to free up the e-mail address you want to use.
- Spam filters, especially strict ones for institutional email addresses, block the emails from your blog. If you don’t receive this email you need to check your spam folder and may need to use an alternative address.
- Contact Edublogs support if you need help changing your email address.
Change Blog Admin Email address
The blog admin email address is listed in Settings > General. All comment moderation emails and emails related to Edublogs Pro subscriptions are sent to the blog admin address.
You change your admin email address as follows:
1. Go to Settings > General.
2. Add your new email address
3. Click Save Changes.
4. You will be sent an email to your new address to confirm the change.
The email address won’t change until you click on the link in the confirmation email.
Spam filters, especially strict ones for institutional email addresses, may block the emails from your blog. If you don’t receive this email you need to check your spam folder and may need to use an alternative address.
5. Log into your email account and click on the confirmation link.
You must be logged into your Edublogs or CampusPress account in the same web browser as your email inbox when you click on the link otherwise it won’t update the email address.
6. When it has been successfully updated you will see the new email address in Settings > General and no longer see the Pending change of admin e-mail message.