“My Class” allows you to moderate all comments and/or posts, pages on your student blogs so they must be reviewed by a teacher before they can be published.

Please note:

• You’ll still see pending comments listed on My Class > Student blogs even if you selected not to moderate comments on student blogs.
  • You don’t need to approve these comments; you just need to remind students that they have comments pending review and need to approve the comments themselves.

Set up Moderation

1.  Go to My Class > Settings.

2.  Select the following settings to moderate all comments and posts on your student blogs:

• Refer to these instructions if you haven’t created a class using the “My Class” tool.

3.  Go to Settings > Discussion in your Class blog dashboard.

4.   Select the following setting to moderate all comments on your class blog:

Approving Pending Posts or Pages

1.  Go to My Class > Student blogs.

• All your student blogs attached to My Class are listed on this page
  • This is where you’ll see the number of published and pending posts / pages / comments

2.  Click on the link to pending posts under a student blog.

3.  This takes you to the pending post page inside the student blog dashboard.

4.  Now all you need to do is click on Edit.

5. Review the post and then click Publish.

• Alternatively, add your feedback and click Save as Pending if you want the student to make more edits to their post.
  • Once a post is published the student can’t edit the post.

6.  Alternatively, you can click on Quick Edit, change the post status to Published and click Update if you don’t want to open the post in Edit mode.

7.  Go to back to My Class > Student blogs inside your class blog.

8.  Repeat this process for all pending posts and pending pages on your student blogs.

Approve Pending Comments

Please note you’ll still see pending comments lists on My Class > Student blogs even if you selected not to moderate comments on student blogs.  You don’t need to approve these commets; you just need to remind students that they have comments pending review and need to approve the comments themselves.

1.  Go to My Class > Student blogs.

2.  Click on the link to pending comments under a student blog.

3.  This takes you to the pending comment page inside the student blog dashboard.

4.  Now just use Approve to publish the comment.

Here’s a summary of what each comment action link does:

1. Approve/Unapprove –publishes the comment to your blog and changes the link to Unapprove.  Clicking Unapprove removes the comment from your blog and puts the comment back in the moderation queue.
  2. Spam – removes the comment from your blog and places it in your spam folder. You can delete all spam using the Delete all spam when you are looking at your spam comments.
  3. Trash – removes the comment from your blog and sends it to your trash folder where it is automatically deleted after 30 days.
  4. Edit – opens the comment into full edit mode where you can edit content in any box. For example, remove a student’s surname, fix a blog URL or hyperlink, provide students help with spelling or grammatical areas.  Once finished editing click Update Comment.
  5. Quick Edit – accomplishes the same as the Edit link except instead of taking you to a new Edit Comment page, it drops down a quick edit text box. Benefit is you can do a fast edit on the same page. If you double click on a comment it opens the comment into Quick Edit mode.
  6. Reply – drops down a quick text box on the same page to allow you to reply back to a comment right from the Comment page. This means you can reply here rather than directly on your blog.