Your blog address, also known as your blog URL, is what people use to access your blog. It’s what they type in the address bar of their web browser to go to your blog.
help.edublogs.org is an example of an Edublogs blog address.
There are two options for changing your blog address:
- Use custom domain – purchase a custom domain for your blog and redirect your blog address to your custom domain.
- Create new blog with your desired blog address, and then import the contents from your original blog into the new blog.
Use Custom Domain
Using a custom domain is the easiest and best way to change your blog domain (URL).
With a custom domain you keep the same blog address but when people go to your blog address it will be redirected to your custom domain. For example, go to theedublogger.edublogs.org and you will be redirected to its custom domain theedublogger.com.
You’ll find step by step instructions for using your own domain here.
Create New Blog
Create a new blog with your preferred blog address as follows:
1. Log into your blog dashboard.
2. Go to Dashboard > My Sites.
3. Click on Create a New Site.
4. Enter your details, your blog details and then click Start blogging
Refer to these tips for choosing usernames, blog domain and blog title.
4. On the next page your login details are displayed.
5. When you click on Login into your new blog you’re taken to your blog dashboard.
The password will be missing in the login email you are sent because you log in with your existing username and password.
You import your original blog content into your new blog as follows:
1. Log into your original blog dashboard.
2. Go to Tools > Export.
Please contact Edublogs Support if you need your Edublogs Pro subscription transferred to your new blog.
3. Click on Download Export file and save the file onto your hard drive.
4. Log into your new blog dashboard.
5. Click on Tools > Import.
6. Click on WordPress.
7. Click on Choose file and browse to locate the Export file you saved on your hard drive.
8. Click on Upload file and import.
9. Select if you want to assign the posts to an existing user on the blog or import the autthor.
10. Select ‘Download and import the file attachments‘ and then click Submit.
- This will import all pages, posts, comments, files.
- You will need to manually set up your blog theme and widgets.