Communities is a feature of Edublogs Campus blogs only and it is designed to create internal communities with their own discussion boards, wikis, news dashboards, user lists and messaging facilities.
Any admin user of an Edublogs Campus blog can easily create a community via the ‘Communities’ tab, then they can contribute to that communities message board, wiki or news areas or visit that communities dashboard.
- Before you can use Communities you need to ask your blog support to network activate Communities, Friends and Messaging plugins (via Plugins in the Network admin dashboard).
1. Go to Communities in your blog dashboard.
2. To create a new community add a name, a description and choose if you want the community private or public, then click Create
2. Message boards work like a forum but are located inside the blog dashboard.
- To create a new topic on a Message board just click on the Message Board action link, add the title, the content, and if you want select Yes to make it stick to the top of the message board and then click Post.
3. Users can click on the topic link on the Message board to reply or write their own new topic.
4. Here’s how simple it is to reply to a topic on a message board
5. By clicking on Members on the Community page users can easily send each other messages or check out the other user’s blogs
6. Send message function provides a functional Visual Editor to make including links, images etc easy! Messages are sent and received by the user’s inbox
7. Users can easily find communities to join via Communities > Find Communities
8. Community owners and moderators have a Manage Communities menu item under Communities where they can edit, delete items and send news.
9. Only community owners and moderators can add News
10. With communities you can also create internal wikis