The Image widget makes it easy to add images and badges to your sidebar.
Here’s what it looks like when it’s added to a blog sidebar:
Once you add the widget to your sidebar in Appearance > Widgets, you’ll see the widget settings look like this:
- Title: The title displayed above the image.
- Add Image: Used to insert an image into the widget by uploading from your computer or from your media library.
Adding an Image
You add an image to your sidebar as follows:
1. Add the image widget to the desired sidebar.
2. Add your title.
3. Click on Add Image.
4. Select a file from your media library or click on Upload Files to upload an image.
5. Add the text you want to appear below the image into the Caption field.
- HTML code is supported in caption field.
6. Select Custom URL from Link and add the website URL if you want to link the image to a specific website.
7. Adjust your size – if necessary.
8. Click Add To Widget.
9. Click Save.
10. You should now see your image widget in your sidebar!
11. Click on Edit Image if you need to change the caption, link URL or image size.
12. Select Custom Size under Size drop down menu and enter the desired width to change the image size.
13. Click Update.
14. Click Save.