The Podcasts plugin enhances WordPress’ existing podcast support by adding multiple iTunes-compatible feeds, media players, and an easy to use interface.
It also allows you to embed video and audio files inside an embedded player so your visitors can view them directly in their web browser.
Once you have activated the Podcasts plugin in Plugins you configure and set up as follows:
1. Go to Settings > Podcasting.
2. Configure your podcasting settings and click Save Changes.
There is no need to make any changes on this page if you only want to use it to embed video and audio files in an embedded player.
3. Go to Posts > Add New (or Pages > Add New)
2. Write your post.
3. Click on the Add Media icon and upload your video / audio file.
4. Copy the file URL and then close the Add Media screen.
5. Scroll down to the Podcasting module (below the post/page editor).
6. Paste the file URL and click Add.
7. Click Send to Editor.
8. Your video/audio file should look like the following:
9. When you view it in your post it should be embedded in a player.