Polldaddy Polls & Ratings plugin allows you to:
- Create and manage polls inside your site dashboard.
- Display ratings above or below posts, pages and comments. Ratings enables your readers to vote on content shared on your site.
About Polldaddy polls
Polldaddy polls is an easy way to gather opinions, votes, and see and share results immediately. Polls are also a great way to engage readers.
Here’s what a Polldaddy poll looks like:
About Polldaddy Ratings
Polldaddy ratings can be displayed above or below posts, pages and comments. Ratings enables your readers to vote on content shared on your site.
Reader click on the Rating icons to share their vote.
Here is what Polldaddy ratings look like:
What's On This Page?
Set up Polldaddy
Once you have activated Polldaddy Polls & Ratings plugin in Plugins > All you need to link it to your Polldaddy account as follows:
1. Log into your Polldaddy account (or sign up for an account).
2. Go to your Polldaddy API account page.
3. Add your API key name and click Generate API Key.
4. Copy your new API key.
5. Go to Settings > Polls.
6. Paste your API key into Polldaddy.com API key field and click Link Account.
Create New Poll
You create a new poll as follows:
1. Go to Posts > Add New (or Pages > Add New)
2. Click on the Add Poll icon above the editor.
3. The Add Poll window will launch where you’ll see your existing polls and an option to create a new poll.
4. Click on Add New.
5. You may see a message that says “You are not allowed to edit this post”. You just ignore this message.
6. Add your questions and configure the poll options to suit your needs.
7. Click Save Poll.
8. A message will appear at the top letting you know your poll has been created. Click on Embed in Post to insert it into your post or page.
9. The Polldaddy shortcode will be inserted into your post.
10. When you view your published post or page you’ll see your new poll.
Insert Existing Poll
To insert a poll you’ve already created you click on the Add Poll icon above your editor when creating/editing a post or page.
The Add Poll window will launch where you’ll see your existing polls.
Click on the Embed in Post button underneath the existing poll to add it to your post/page.
Add Poll to Sidebar
You add a Polldaddy poll to your sidebar by pasting the embed code into a text widget as follows:
1. Log into the dashboard of your Polldaddy account.
2. Click on Design Poll under the poll you want to add.
3. Click on Poll Style tab and make sure Narrow is selected.
- It must be set to Narrow otherwise it will be too wide for most sidebars.
4. Click Save Style Settings.
5. This will redirect you to the collect vote page. Copy the embed code.
6. Go to Appearance > Widgets in your dashboard.
7. Add a text widget to the desired sidebar.
8. Paste the embed code into the text widget and click Save.
You enable ratings as follows:
1. Go to Settings > Rating.
2. Select where you want to display ratings on, i.e posts, pages or comments, and where you want the rating displayed and then click Save Changes.
3. Once configured you should see the ratings option on your content.
Add Ratings to Sidebar
You can display your top rated content by adding the Top Rated widget to the desired sidebar.
Once you add the widget to your sidebar in Appearance > Widgets, you’ll see that the widget settings look like this:
- Title: Allows you to add your own custom title.
- Show for Posts, pages, comments: allows you to control which content is displayed.
- Number: Controls the number of items that are listed.