When you set up a blog you have the ability to add and remove users.
Remove user is used when you want to remove a person as a user from your blog.
- Removing a user doesn’t delete their username.
- It isn’t possible to delete a username from Edublogs because deleting usernames can cause problems to our system.
- If your reasons for removing a username is because you want to change the name displayed on posts or comment then your better option is to just change the display name.
Another alternative is to change their role to subscriber — as a subscriber they can only edit their profile.
Removing a user from a blog is a simple as:
1. Go to Users > All Users
2. Hover your mouse over their username and click Remove
If you want to remove multiple users from your blog then you select each username you’d like to remove using the check boxes, select Remove from the Bulk Actions drop down and click Apply.
Restoring a Removed User
If you’ve removed a user and want to reuse the username or email address you need to add the user back as an existing user.
You add an existing user to a blog as follows:
1. Go to Users > Add New
2. Add the email address attached to their username
3. Select their role (learn more about user role’s here).
4. Click Add Existing User.
5. The user is automatically added to Users > All Users and logs into the blog using their existing username and password.
- The user won’t receive an email with their username and password.
- Refer to the retrieve student password support page if they have forgotten their username and password.
Please contact Edublogs Support if you need assistance.