Symbaloo is a free social bookmarking tool. It is a simple way to organize and store all your digital resources in the cloud. You can categorize your resources, share and access them from any device.
Using the Symbaloo plugin on Edublogs, teachers can easily organize all of their resources in one place and encourage student to student communications.
If you don’t already have a free Symbaloo account, then you will need to go to Symbaloo and sign up for their free version.
Once you have created a free Symbaloo account, you can activate the Symbaloo plugin in Plugins > All.
Now, you are ready to start adding Symbaloo webmixes to your posts and pages.
Adding Webmixes to Post and Pages
1. Once you have activated the Symbaloo plugin, you will see the Symbaloo icon in your Post and Page editors.
2. Place your cursor in the post or page wherever you’d like to insert a Symbaloo webmix, and click the Symbaloo icon. The Symbaloo Embedder window will then open.
3. Enter the URL of the Symbaloo webmix you want to use. You can also set width and height in order to fit your page as needed.
4. Hit Submit and the Symbaloo webmix will be added to your blog’s post or page.
How to Create Webmixes
There are several ways to create Symbaloo webmixes, and to find existing webmixes to use on your blog.
1. First, log in to your Symbaloo account.
2. Click on the menu icon in the top left corner of the page. Then, select Add a Webmix from the menu.
2. You will then see the “Add a Webmix” window where you can either (A) create a new blank webmix, (B) search for an existing webmix, or (C) use the Quick Start tool to assist you in creating a new webmix.
For more information about using Symbaloo, please refer to their User Guide.