MediaCore is a service that makes it easy for teachers, students, schools, and universities to upload and manage videos.
The Media Core plugin allows you to upload and embed videos inside your post/page editor using the MediaCore icon.
Individual teachers can get a free MediaCore account for up to 50 students by signing up here.
Set up MediaCore
Once you have activated the MediaCore plugin in Plugins > All you need to:
1. Sign up for a Media Core account.
2. Go to Settings > MediaCore
3. Add your MediaCore URL
4. Click Save Changes.
Add Media Core video
Adding a MediaCore video is as simple as:
1. Go to Posts > Add New (or Page > Add New)
2. Write your post.
3. Place your cursor where you want the video to be added and click on the “MediaCore” icon.
4. Login with your MediaCore ID in the MediaCore window.
5. Embedding an existing video
To embed a video from your MediaCore library click “Add” next to the video you would like to embed into your post.
6. Uploading a new video
You can also upload a Media file directly from your computer into your blog.
Select “Upload” in the left hand column and click on “Choose a File”.
Select a file from your computer and watch it upload in the window.
Once the file is finished uploading, enter a Title, add Tags and a Description and click “Publish“.
Once the upload is published, the file will show up in the “Library.
Click “Add” next to the video you uploaded to embed into your post.
7. The MediaCore window will close and your video will be added to your post.
Here is what it looks like in your visual editor:
Below is what a MediaCore video looks like when readers view the post: