You can easily create shortlinks for sharing your posts and pages on social networks using the WP.me Shortlinks module in the Jetpack by WordPress.com plugin.
The shortlinks use the wp.me domain to provide short, simple links so you have more characters to write when sharing links on your social networks.
Shortlinks are prefect for using on Twitter and Facebook where every character counts. Each post and page has it’s own unique WP.me URL.
Enable JetPack Plugin
To get started you first need to activate the JetPack plugin as follows:
- Enable Jetpack using existing WordPress.com account
- Enable Jetpack by creating a new WordPress.com account
You set up shortlinks s as follows:
1. Go to Jetpack > Settings
2. Type WP.me into the search field and then click Activate next to WP.me Shortlinks.
You use shortlinks as follows:
1. Go to Posts > Add New or Pages > Add New.
- Or edit an existing post.
2. Write your post.
3. Click on the Get Shortlink button once you have published your post.
4. A dialog box will appear with the post or page’s shortened URL
5. Copy the shortlink and share it on your social networks as you wish.