You can easily embed a Facebook update into a post and page by pasting the update’s URL on its own line.
An update from a public Facebook timeline is fully embedded into your post or page and includes:
- The update’s text.
- Action links that allow readers to like, comment and share the update.
- Link to the Facebook page or profile
You embed a Facebook update as follows:
1. Locate the update you want to embed and click on the timestamp.
2. You’ll be taken to the update’s individual page. Copy the URL in your web browser’s address bar.
3. Go to Posts > Add New or Pages > Add New.
4. Paste the URL on a line by itself in your post/page editor.
You should see a preview of your update in your Visual Editor.
The link must be on its own line without any characters or whitespaces before or after the URL and must not be hyperlinked otherwise it won’t embed.
You can tell if a URL is hyperlinked by clicking on the link. If the hyperlink button in the toolbar highlights and a link box with the option to edit appears, like the screenshot below, it means your link is hyperlinked.
Click on Remove Link icon to remove the hyperlink.
You can only embed updates from a public Facebook timeline. If a person or page’s entire timeline isn’t public it won’t embed.