You can easily embed an image or video from Instagram into a post and page by pasting the Instagram URL on its own line.
The Instagram is fully embedded into your post or page and includes:
- The Instagram text.
- Action links that allow readers to like or comment.
- Inline links, linked usernames and a follow button.
You embed an Instagram as follows:
1. Locate the Instagram you want to embed and click on the timestamp.
2. You’ll be taken to the Instagram image page. Copy the URL in your web browser’s address bar.
3. Go to Posts > Add New or Pages > Add New.
4. Paste the URL on a line by itself in your post/page editor.
You should see a preview of your instagram in your Visual Editor like shown below:
You’ll see the Instagram when you view your published post.
The link must be on its own line without any characters or whitespaces before or after the URL and must not be hyperlinked otherwise it won’t embed.
You can tell if a URL is hyperlinked by clicking on the link. If the hyperlink button in the toolbar highlights and a link box with the option to edit appears, like the screenshot below, it means your link is hyperlinked.
Click on Remove Link icon to remove the hyperlink.