You can easily import your blog content from Posterous into into any Edublogs Campus and Edublogs Pro or upgraded blog using Tools > Import in your blog dashboard.
Just go to Tools > Import and use one of the two import options:
- Posterous – Use if you haven’t uploaded video and audio files to your Posterous account.
- Posterous XML – use if you have uploaded video and audio files to your Posterous account.
Using the Posterous Importer
Use if you haven’t uploaded video and audio files to your Posterous account.
1. Go to Tools > Import.
2. Click on Posterous.
3. Add your Posterous host name. email address and password then click Submit.
5. Once you’ve done this your Posterous blog will be imported into your Edublogs blog.
Using the Posterous XML Importer
Use if you have uploaded video and audio files to your Posterous account.
1. Log into your Posterous account.
2. Click on Backup and then Request Backup.
Posterous should send you an email when the back up file is ready. If you don’t get notification, just log back into Posterous to see if the back up file is ready by clicking on Backup.
3. Click on Download to download your back up file.
4. Once downloaded you need to unzip the back up file to locate your XML file (this is what you use to import into Edublogs).
5. Go to Tools > Import.
6. Click on Posterous XML.
7. Click on Choose file.
8. Select your Posterous XML File and click Open (contained in the back up zip file you downloaded).
9. Click Upload file and import.
10. Choose the user to assign the posts to. select Download and import file attachments and then click Submit.