The Print My Blog plugin allows you to print your entire blog to paper, PDF, or eBook.
Here are some of the reasons for wanting to do so:
- Print your blog for offline reading.
- Create a paper backup should your blog is taken offline.
- Create PDF, eBpub, or MOBI file in a human-readable backup format.
- Copy your blog content to paste into other programs like MS Word or Google Docs.
Using Print My Blog
Once you have activated the Print My Blog plugin in Plugins > All you use it as follows:
1. Go to Tools > Print My Blog
2. Configure how you’d like the blog to be printed, or just use our recommended defaults.
Default Print Settings
To use the recommended default print formats included, select one of the following print options:
- Paper – Print a physical copy using your web browser’s print functionality.
- Digital PDF – Make a PDF file, intended for reading from a computer or other device, using your browser or a browser extension.
- eBook (ePub or MOBI).
Once you have selected your print option, click Prepare Print Page.
Once your blog has been prepared for print, you will see a Print-Page Ready message. Click on the ‘Print’ button to print your blog from your browser.
Custom Print Settings
The Show Options menu gives you greater control with your own custom settings instead of using the default print settings.
By selecting Show Options, the following settings can be used to further fine-tune your print options.
- Post Selection by Posts or Pages, as well as include Password-Protected And Private Posts.
- Filter by author, date, status, category, and tags.
- Content – select which content you would like to display for:
- Header Content.
- Post Content.
- Page Layout determines how your content is printed, including the number of columns, as well as font and image size.
This option helps you to troubleshoot some issues that might be encountered with:
- Post Rendering Wait-Time – this sets the time to wait between rendering posts. If posts are rendered too quickly on the page, sometimes images won’t load properly.