RSS widget is used to display RSS feed from any website in your sidebar.
Here’s what it looks like when it’s added to a sidebar:
Once you add the widget to your sidebar in Appearance > Widgets, you’ll see the widget settings look like this:
- Enter the RSS Feed URL here: The RSS feed URL for the website. Feed URL on a website is normally indicated by the orange RSS icon or the words RSS.
- Give the feed a title: Allows you to add your own custom title. For example, Latest Science news.
- How many items would you like to display: Controls the number of items displayed.
- Show item content?: When checked it displays an excerpt of the post content.
- Show item author if available?: When checked it displays the post author.
- Show item date?: When checked it displays the date the article was published.