We don’t delete a username unless absolutely necessary because deleting usernames can cause problems to our system.
If you no longer wish to use your account, simply leave your username account inactive. There are no security risks associated with this policy and your information isn’t visible anywhere.
Change display name
Your display name is what is displayed on any comments or posts you publish.
The easiest option for changing your username is to change your display name.
For example, my username is suewaters and my display name is Sue Waters. When I log into my account I log in as suewaters and the name Sue Waters is displayed on any posts or comment I publish.
Here’s how you do it:
1. Go to Users > Your Profile (or Profile > Your Profile)
2. Scroll to near the bottom of the page to the Name area.
3. Add your first name and last name.
4. Click on the drop down arrow to select your preferred publicly displayed name.
5. Click Update Profile again
6. Now every post or comment you write will display that name.
Reuse email address
You can’t create the new username using the same email address because each user account requires a unique email address. This is required for purposes such as password resets.
To use same email address you first need to change the email address attach to your existing account as follows:
1. Log into your current account.
2. Go to Users > Your Profile (or Profile > Your Profile)
3. Scroll to near the bottom of the page to the Contact Info area.
4. Type your new email address.
5. Click Update Profile.
6. An email will be sent to the new address asking you to click on the link to confirm the change of email address<
- Your email address won’t be updated until you click on this link in the email.
- You must be logged into your account in the same web browser that you use to open the link in.
7. Once the new address has been verified you will now be able to create a new username or new blogs. You may need to wait 48 hours after changing the email address before can create the new username.
- Contact Edublogs Support if you need help changing your email address.
- Spam filters, especially strict ones for institutional email addresses, block the emails from your blog.
- If you don’t receive this email you may need to use an alternative address.
Create new username
You create a new username as follows:
1. Go to Users > Add New
2. Add your new username.
3. Add your email address.
4. Select the user role Administrator.
5. Click Add New User
6. Your new user is automatically added to Users > All Users and you will receive an email with your new login details.
Create new blog
Alternatively, if the reason you want to delete your username is to create a new blog then there is no need to do this.
You can easily create new blogs attached to your existing username by following these instructions.