There are a range of different options you can use for blogging on your iOS and android mobile devices including:
Option 1: Browser
There is no need to use an app to blog on your mobile device.
Your dashboard is mobile friendly and designed to be used in the browser of your mobile device. It works exactly like the dashboard on your computer except the appearance changes as the screen size decreases.
Your gray admin bar at the top provides shortcuts to areas inside your dashboard.
Tapping on the +New Menu provides handy shortcuts to adding new post, media, link, page and user.
Main navigation menu
Your navigation menu is accessed by tapping on the menu icon in your gray admin bar.
Tapping on a menu item displays all submenu options under that item.
Option 2: WordPress app
Edublogs and CampusPress is powered by a customized version of WordPress which allows you to mobile blog using the WordPress app.
You log in as follows:
1. Launch the WordPress app.
2. Tap on the link that says “Add Self-Hosted Site” or “Log in to your site by entering your site address instead“.
Link varies with app version and operating system.
3. Enter your site address, username and password then tap Next.
- You can’t log in using your site address if your blog is set up to log in using SSO such as Google apps, Shibboleth, AZURE, ADFS.
- The solution is to set up JetPack on your blog and then log in using your WordPress.com account. Refer to these support instructions to set up Jetpack.
Option 3: Post by Email
Post by email makes it easy to publish a new post by sending an email.
To use Post by email you need to enable the Post by Email module in the Jetpack by WordPress.com plugin.
The subject of the email is used as the title of the post and the body is the post’s contents. Multiple images are inserted as a gallery.