You can schedule posts to be published when you want whether it be a specific time, few days or weeks later.
Scheduling a Post
Once you have written your post just:
1. Click on Edit link next to Publish Immediately in the ‘Publish’ module.
2. Enter the date and time you want the post to publish.
3. Click OK.
4. Click Schedule.
Your post will now be held until the time and date you specified. The time is based on your location settings in your Settings > General page.
Please note you can only schedule posts on public blogs. You can’t schedule posts on a private blog.
You can also use this method to change the timestamp on published posts which can be used to change the order the posts appear on your blog.
Un-scheduling a Post
If you have changed your mind and want to publish a schedule post immediately, you just need to:
1. Open up the scheduled post in edit mode.
2. Click on the “Edit” link next to the date for which you’ve scheduled your post in the Publish module.
3. Change to today’s date and time.
4. Click OK.
5. Click Publish.
6. Your post should now be published immediately.
Troubleshooting Scheduled Posts
If your schedule post doesn’t publish, check the following:
- Have you set the correct timezone in Settings > General?
- Are you using a public blog? You can’t schedule posts on private blogs.
- Scheduled posts are reliant on people visiting your blog. Try logging out of your blog and visiting your blog’s front page.