The RSS Links widget allows you to add links to your posts and comments RSS feed into the sidebar.
This makes it easier for site visitors to subscribe using RSS. You can learn more about RSS here.
It is added to Appearance > Widgets when the Extra Sidebar Widgets module in the Jetpack plugin is activated.
Here is an example of what the RSS Links Widget looks like:
Once you add the widget to your sidebar in Appearance > Widgets, you’ll see the widget settings look like this:
- Title: Allows you to add your own custom title. For example, Follow my blogs, Subscribe, RSS.
- Feeds to display: Allows you to choose between your blog’s post feed, comment feed or both.
- Format: Controls how the links are displayed in the sidebar. Options are:
- Text link
- Text & Image Links
- Image link
If you choose the Image Links or Text & Image Links as the format option you will see the following two extra options:
- Image Size: Controls the size of the RSS icon. Options are:
- Small – 14 x 14
- Medium – 28 x 28
- Large – 64 x 64
- Image Color: Controls the color of the RSS icon. Choices are Red, Orange, Green Blue, Purple, Pink or Silver.