Audio from audio hosting websites such as Audio Boo and SoundCloud can be embedded into posts or pages using their embed code. This is handy when you have large audio files you want to add to your blog posts or you want to play your audio within an embedded player.
Using Embed Code
Here’s how to embed audio using embed code:
1. Go to Posts > Add New.
2. Give your post a title, add your content, tags and categories.
3. Click on Save Draft and then Preview to preview your post.
4. Check your post and make all necessary edits.
5. Locate audio you want to embed from the audio hosting website.
6. Copy the embed code for the audio.
- Websites use a range of different icons to represent Embed code.
- Look for icons like </>, the word Embed or hover your mouse over icons until you see the word Embed.
Audio Boo Embed Code
Click on Embed.
Copy the embed code.
SoundCloud Embed Code
Click on Share.
Click on Embed tab and copy the Embed Code.
5. Place your cursor in the post where you want you it to be embedded and click on Add Media button.
6. Click on Insert Embed Code.
7. Paste the embed code into the Insert Embed code box and click Insert into post.
8. When you have finished writing click Publish.
9. When you view your blog you should now see the audio embedded in your post or page.
Below are examples of embedded audio: