Videos from video sharing websites can be embedded into posts or pages by either using:
- Their video URL
- Their embed code
What's On This Page?
Using a URL
Edublogs allows you to quickly embed videos, images and other content such as Tweets and Scribd into a post or page using their URL.
You’ll find a complete list of services that can be embedded using the URL here.
Using URL Video Tutorial
1. Copy the video’s URL from your web browser’s address bar while viewing the video.
For YouTube you use the video URL from “Share this video” under the Share option.
2. Go to Posts > Add New or Pages > Add New
3. Paste the URL on a line by itself in your post/page editor where you want the video to appear.
4. The video will look something like this when you view your published post.
Important URL Embed Tips
1. Must not be hyperlinked
When you embed using the URL you need to make sure it is not hyperlinked.
If the URL is blue, as shown in the example below, then it is hyperlinked.
To make it work you need to unlink the video URL by selecting the whole URL and clicking on the Unlink icon on your Visual Editor toolbar.
2. Place URL on its own line
Make sure the URL is on its own line. There should not be any characters or whitespace before or after the URL.
Using Embed Code
You can also embed videos using their embed code.
This is handy when you want to change the size of the video embed, remove related videos when embedding YouTube videos or are embedding from a video sharing websites where you can’t use the video URL (such as videos from. Ted Talks, SchoolTube or TeacherTube).
Here’s how to embed a video using the embed code:
1. Locate video you want to embed.
2. Copy the embed code for the video.
- Websites use a range of different icons to represent Embed code.
- Look for icons like </>, the word Embed or hover your mouse over icons until you see the word Embed.
3. Go to Posts > Add New or Pages > Add New.
4. Place your cursor where you want the the video to appear and then click on the Add Media button.
5. In the Add Media window click on the Insert Embed Code tab.
6. Paste the video embed code into the embed code field.
7. Click on Insert into Post.
8. Your Add Media window will close and the form will appear in the visual editor as shown below.
9. When you view your published post you will see your video.
Remove Suggested videos
You can remove suggested videos from YouTube videos as follows:
1. Click on Share underneath the YouTube video you want to embed.
2. Click on Embed.
3. Deselect Show suggested videos when the video finishes.
4. Copy the embed code.
5. Add the embed code to your post using Insert Embed Code.