You are able to add users to your site using Users > Add New.
Add new user
You add a new user to a site as follows:
1. Go to Users > Add New
2. Add a suitable username.
3. Add their email address
- You can’t create several usernames with the same email address because the system resets password based on email address.
- Contact Edublogs Support if you need assistance creating student accounts with a no email option.
4. Select their role (learn more about user role’s here)
5. Click Add New User
6. Your new user is automatically added to Users > All Users and receives an email with their login details.
Add Existing user
You add an existing user as follows:
1. Go to Users > Add New
2. Add the email address attached to their username.
3. Select their role (learn more about user role’s here)
4. Click Add Existing User
5. Your new user is automatically added to Users > All Users and they log into the account using their existing username/password.
- Use only lowercase letters and numbers, with no spaces, in the username
- The username is what they use to sign into the blog dashboard and is displayed on posts and comments they write. You can’t change a username, however you can change what name is displayed.
- If you are creating a new username and see ‘Sorry, that username already exists!’ it means you need to use a more unique username. Edublogs has over 5 million users. A simple solution for students is to use a combination of their first name, last initial and a three digit number (such as combination of room number and year).
- Spam filters, especially strict ones for institutional email addresses, can block emails.
- Test student email accounts by adding one student as a user to the site and then check to confirm they received the login email. If the student doesn’t receive the login email you need to ask your IT Department to allow emails from email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org or use free webmail accounts such as gmail, hotmail that don’t block login emails.
- Here’s how to create user accounts using a no email option.
Bulk Add Users
To bulk add users to your site with a preset password option use My Class > Student Users > Add New. My Class includes no email option for situations where you need to create student accounts without an email address. Refer to My Class support documentation for more information.
Invite Users allows you to invite users to your site so that you don’t need to create their accounts or add them as users.