The Author (Jetpack) Widget displays the names or avatars of all your blog’s writers and links to their recent posts.
It is added to Appearance > Widgets when the Extra Sidebar Widgets module in the Jetpack plugin is activated.
Here is an example of what the Author (Jetpack) widget looks like:
Once you add the widget to your sidebar in Appearance > Widgets, you’ll see the widget settings look like this:
- Title: Allows you to add your own custom title. For example, Our Authors.
- Display all authors: By default,only authors who have published a post are displayed in the widget. Select this option if you want all authors displayed including those that haven’t published a post.
- Number of posts to show for each author: Controls how many posts are listed.
- Avatar size: Controls the size of the avatar displayed or if you want an avatar displayed next to the authors’ name.
There are two other author widgets available:
- Authors Widget – lists all authors on a group blog. When readers click on an author’s name they are redirected to the authors post page where they can view all posts published by that person.
- User widget and profile plugin – displays the number of posts and comments by participants on a group blog. Readers click on the participants name to view all posts the person published and all comments submitted.